Podcast: Michael Cote from Pivotal on Programming the Business
MMS • RSS
Article originally posted on InfoQ. Visit InfoQ
In this podcast Shane Hastie, Lead Editor for Culture & Methods, spoke to Michael Cote from Pivotal Labs about “programming the business” to enable support for automation and moving towards DevOps.
- It’s possible to move from deploying on a yearly basis to a daily basis
- Adopting a new process or approach often improves things dramatically, frequently because what was being done before was not effective rather than because of the effectiveness of the new way
- Change the structures so teams are focused on products, not projects, ensure all the roles needed are in the team and that they are fully dedicated to working on the product
- The rift in many organizations between “the business” and IT means that business people don’t expect the software to be agile and responsive to their needs
- Businesses which were founded in the tech space are inherently agile and they run using these approaches all the time. The challenge is bringing “traditional” businesses down the same path
More about our podcasts
You can keep up to date with the podcasts via our RSS Feed, and they are available via SoundCloud and iTunes. From this page you also have access to our recorded show notes. They all have clickable links that will take you directly to that part of the audio.