Shares of General Mills Inc. (GIS) declined by 0.91% to $67.66 on Thursday, reflecting a challenging trading session for the overall stock market. The S&P 500 Index (SPX) fell by 0.16% to 4,507.66, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) dropped by 0.48% to 34,721.91. This marked the third consecutive day of losses for General Mills.
General Mills closed $23.23 below its 52-week high of $90.89, which it had achieved on May 15th. In comparison to some of its competitors, the stock’s performance was mixed. Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ) saw a decline of 0.43% to $71.26, Kraft Heinz Co. (KHC) fell by 0.54% to $33.09, and Hershey Co. (HSY) dropped by 1.13% to $214.86.
It’s important to note that this article was generated automatically by Automated Insights, a technology provider specializing in automation and utilizing data from Dow Jones and FactSet.
Source: Dow Jones and FactSet
– General Mills Inc. (GIS) is a multinational food company that manufactures and markets various consumer food products.
– S&P 500 Index (SPX) is a market-capitalization-weighted index that represents the performance of 500 large-cap companies listed on stock exchanges in the United States.
– Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) is a price-weighted index that tracks the performance of 30 large publicly-owned companies based in the United States.
– Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ) is a global snack food and beverage company.
– Kraft Heinz Co. (KHC) is a consumer packaged goods conglomerate that produces and markets a wide range of food and beverage products.
– Hershey Co. (HSY) is a confectionery and chocolate company known for its popular chocolate bars and other candies.